Monday, January 28, 2008

Be a little better...


As I am sure most of you know, President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away last night. When Amy and I received the call from my Mother last night, it kept us up talking about how much we would miss him. Neither of us personal knew him, but we felt like we did. He is a man of integrity, honesty and love, who taught us all important principles, not just with his words but with his actions. As many of the members of the LDS faith, I am so grateful for his leadership and love. I am especially grateful that he always taught us to be a little better, to do a little more and to stand a little taller. I will always know that if I can be a little better than I was the day before, then that is what the Lord wants for me. I am so grateful for his service and while we will miss him, I am so grateful that he is with his loving wife again. Thank for your years of service and love.

3 comments:

TUG said...

Well Said Little Brother

James Evans said...

Amen...I am also glad he is with Marjorie again. He missed her a lot!

Spencer said...

Well said. Although, it did feel a little weird to read your tribute to President Hinckley with Def Leppard playing on your blog. But still nice none-the-less.