Friday, August 17, 2007

Designate Him for Assignment

On this very blog I wrote that I felt that the Sox had to go get something at the trade deadline. I felt that getting Eric Gagne would completely change every game and after the 6th inning every game would be over. This has not been the case. I have now watched Gagne lose 3 games for the Red Sox all by himself. The Sox offense has given him EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO HELP THEM WIN GAMES, but he has blown them all. 3, not 1, not 2, but 3 games he has blown. He is personally the reason the Red Sox are NOT 8 games up right now. Even though the trade made sense at the time, it is the single worst trade in hind sight that I have ever seen. When I said that they should trade for him, I had obviously not done any research. During the Month of July Gagne posted a 4.35 ERA. He had not pitched since July 24th, because they used him in both ends of a doubleheader. I did now know this, but Theo had to have know this. For that he should lose his job. And if the Computer Geek did not know this, then he should lose his job. 3 GAMES! I just got off the phone with Sean and we talked about how they need to use him in mop up duties ONLY. But I have changed my mind. Get him off the team and call someone who wants to help a team win up. Let Buchholz do this or Pauley or anyone else. This guy has got to go. He is hurting the team in every way you can. Designate him for assignment now and let's move on.

No comments: