Thursday, August 23, 2007

Today I am the "Greatest American Hero"...

Why you ask? Well after surviving my first week of graduate school I had to go a pay the rest of my tuition bill. The other day I found out that for some reason I still owed UNC $.04! 4 lousy cents!! So, I walked over to the cashiers office with a friend of mine so that I could give them our last little bit of money! When we got there I told them that apparently I still owed 4 CENTS of my tuition. They all laughed and then looked it up and they could not believe that I actually owed 4 CENTS!! I then commented that I did not think we had to the money to pay this much and my family would have to go without food and maybe they could take out a collection. They laughed and then one of the cashiers took out a book and paid the rest of my extremely large tuition bill. I believe that pulling off that small miracle makes me today's "Greatest American Hero!"

2 comments:

TUG said...

Believe it or not . . . You ARE walking on air!!!

Ask Laura about the Player Piano and this song when she was a senior and I was a sophomore in high school.

Sean and Laura said...

Wow. That did make me happy. It takes me back to Brian Carrier's house and his player piano. I LOVE that song!