Thursday, July 5, 2007

In North Carolina

We are finally in North Carolina in our spacious new apartment. It is awesome. We love it, except the fact that we do not have any of your stuff. The moving company will not be here until friday night at the earliest. Luckily my parents were here for the first few days, so we are doing just fine. Grace has adjusted really well and is growing really fast. She is fantastic.

STAT OF THE DAY:
So it has been a long time since I have giving you all a stat of the day, so todays is loaded...
0, June 14th, 66 and 12

First the number 0. That is the amount of strikeouts that the Rocket had against one of the greatest hitting teams in baseball this year...the Orioles! WOW! I know he was very impressive aganist the Twins this week, but 0 strikeouts against the O's. 880,000 a start is really worth it.
Second, the date June 14th. That was the last time the Red Sox 9 million dollar shortstop, Julio Lugo, had gotten a hit until he singled in two runs on July 3rd! In the meantime Orlando Cabrera is hitting .330 and picking up clutch hit after clutch hit. Whoops.
66-The number of hot dogs that american Joey Chestnut ate in 12 minutes to win the Coney Island hot dog eating contest. This is the first time that an american has one in 6 years and it was huge. AND REALLY GROSS. I do not think I have eaten 66 hot dogs in the last 10 years and I am not sure if I will ever eat one again now.
And lastly, 12. The number of games the the Yankees are out first place on the day that Murray Chass said they would pass the Red Sox. And guess what...he is still harping on it today. This is the text that I received from my dad yesterday..."So who was the the ny writer that said the yankees would be in 1st today and now their twelve back? Life is good." Yes life is good. Let's just hope it gets better.

Remember Go Sox and Rah Rah Carolina, lina

1 comment:

Sean and Laura said...

I am betting there has never been a better time to listen to the FAN.