Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Made the trade, but...


It does not matter if Julio Lugo is still playing shortstop. I am not sure what to call what he just did...some sort of half-slide/dive that allowed 2 runs to score. Then Beckett broke everything in the dugout. I guess they do not plan on having a lead to hold until after Gagne gets there. I will write more about this trade later...but I am happy about it.

Just a little update...after Wily Mo Pena actually walked Lugo hit into a double play. Loved the trade, made the team better...remember that...made the team better.

More updates...Lugo strikes out looking with the bases loaded and two out, on a low pitch. Was it borderline...yes. But with 2 strikes and you always swing at anything close. This guy is pathetic. And he just made what should be an error. $9 Million...wow. Way to go on that one Theo. Atleast you got Gagne!

This guy continues to lead off and he has a .291 On base percentage. Ya know what? I do not even blame Lugo for being so awful...I blame Francona continues to hit him lead off. If I were him I would want my first 2 hitters to get on base at a high percentage so that Papi and Manny have someone to hit in. I would suggest hitting Pedroia first, .391 OBP and Youk second, .403 OBP. More runs would score because more men would be on base for the big 2. That would make sense though and one would not want to do that.


5-3 loss and now the lead is back to 7. The Sox had runners on 1st and 2nd with one out and up came Lugo. He just barely missed grounding into a double play and the game ended on the next pitch. The Sox had 4 hits and Papi had 3 of them...2 for homeruns. Oh well. It was good to see Papi hit for some more power at Fenway today. 7 games is still the biggest lead. I believe it would be larger without the WORST EVERYDAY PLAYER IN BASEBALL...JULIO LUGO.

1 comment:

James Evans said...

I'm going to crap in my pants if this lead get's any closer! Those yankee bats are starting to make me a little nervous. 8 homeruns tonight! Are you kidding me! I guess you don't need pitching when your hitting like that. Where the holiness of crap is our offense? Where is papi in the latter innings? He did have one tonight in the 8th but it wasn't enough. The only thing that gives me encouragement right now is that Gagne is coming. The only thing I don't like about the Gagne thing is that we already have a good setup man, our awesome crazy lefty brother from Japan. Where is he going to fall in all of this? Anyway I feel like we need another bat. I wish we could have got Texiera or Dye or something. I feel like that should have been our 1st priority. Oh, well I still feel we can win the division so I guess we shall see...