Wednesday, September 19, 2007

An a Amazing Stat

I have just taken a quick break from studying, it is nice to have one everyone once in a while, to prove a theory about Eric Gagne. Usually I am wrong when it comes to this stuff, but sadly I am right about this one. What I am about to tell you is painfully true and should NOT be the case for a closer. Are you ready? This is not for the faint of heart...




Gagne pitching in games when he enters and the Red Sox are losing...

7 innings pitched, 0 runs allowed, ERA of 0.00



Gagne pitching in games when he enters are the Red Sox are winning...

7 innings pitched, 14 runs allowed, ERA of 18.00



This guy is a closer...A CLOSER! He is supposed to be able to hold leads and this stat helps us to know that he is worse when he enters with a lead. That is amazing.


FRANCOMA...if a graduate student with a child, who has NO free time, can figure this out so can you! Please STOP using him. I beg off you.



No comments: