Sunday, September 2, 2007

Clay has a Day!

I had to wait a whole day before I blogged on this, because I had to let it sink in. Red Sox Rookie pitcher, Clay Buchholz, threw a no-hitter in just his second major league start and it was amazing. I wish I could have watched it (but we are in the area that gets blocked out of Baltimore games on MLB.com...STUPID!!) but I followed every pitch in aw of what he was doing. This young 23 year old kid mixed his pitches in a way that most veteran pitchers have not figured out yet how to do. He was brilliant and it was exactly what ever Sox fan needed. After a tough week of baseball, Clay literally helped every Sox fan feel better. He did that for me at least and that is saying a lot. He summed it up best during his interview on NESN after the game. After being asked a question the sold out crowd starting cheering and he loooked around and said, "Wow!" Wow is right Clay, wow is right! So thank you very much Clay Buchholz and Welcome to the Sox!

(Here is the highlight of all 27 outs of his no-hitter! It is chicken soup for the Red Sox fan soul.)

No comments: